Friday, August 13, 2010

1: Training a "Cement-mixer" Eater

I started this blog because of my husband. He has been egging me ever since to write down my kitchen experiments and to write about my food trips. During the first few years, I thought that I haven't really been doing  a lot of successful experiments but after a while, I thought "Hey, I'm getting good at this!"



I measured my success with the kind of culinary finesse I inculcated in my husband. Dati siyang mason kumain. He'll place a pile of rice on his plate, plop down a pile of ulam or two, mix them well then eat. He's like most men who only eat to survive. Ang katuwiran ko naman ay: Why bother making the food taste like it does when you're gonna mix it with everything else?


Yeah I should blog about that. About having some culinary finesse. But I'm digressing.


Mabalik sa asawa. Dati kasi talagang kanin lang iyan. Pasta for him or mashed potatoes doesn't count for something for lunch. But after a while, he doesn't ask me anymore if there is rice whenever I serve Tuna Casserole or Quiche Lorraine.


With that, I think I already did a good job.


Hey Junn, thank you for always telling me to write down my "brilliant" (hey he's the one who said that) ideas. Here they are now, ready to be eaten by the world.

3 comments:

  1. naks! congrats! turuan mo kong magluto through this blog ha? hehe. or punta na lang ako minsan sa bahay nyo, sama ko si ate ids. =D -kaligay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Anne! Excited to read your blog! I love food blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Katherine: Oo, dito ko ibubuhos ang mga kabitinan ko sa pagiging restaurateur, haha.
    @wrigs: Salamat! I'm very new at this and I hope I'll be able to deliver consistently. salamat sa support! Sana one day, mapansin ako ng Google ad sense. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete