Wednesday, July 4, 2012

#48: Sweet Chili Ribs - Your Way

I had a sudden inspiration. I realized if you are inspired and feel like some edible artwork are coming out the tips of your fingers, then just go for it! Really, cooking should not be uptight. We only say one cup of this or 2 teaspoons of that for the sake of estimation. But as with any art, it's all about what feels right. Now I am not saying all art are touchy-feely or that that logic and reason plays no part in it. Of course it has to be balanced out with what will sensibly turn out right and delicious. But go ahead, go wild. 



So I hope you will be brave and try your intuition on this. I will just give you some sort of skeleton for the dish. I will not write the specific amount so you can make an adventure of your own, add some, omit some. 


So I got some ribs from the grocery and thought I will dress it up in a different way. This was inspired by my hero, Jamie Oliver. I got about 4 green long chilies, 2 cloves of garlic and minced them together. I placed them in a bowl, added a huge pinch of salt, lots of freshly ground pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, some herb (it's your job to choose which herb), olive oil and lemon zest if you want to.


Rub it on the ribs and let it marinate. When you feel like it's ready then roast it in the oven or your trusty-rusty oven toaster for about an hour or more. When it's almost done, squeeze lemon juice on it, then honey. Baste it every now and then.


So how did your version turn out?

No comments:

Post a Comment