Sunday, October 9, 2011

#46: A Lazy Dessert - Chocolate Ganache

Savory Sweet Life snapped this picture for me. :-)
Oh I had been very busy marketing our audio and voice-over services in JuanFoundSound I realized I haven't visited my friends here for  more than a month now. Being up to my neck in marketing and baby-sitiing tasks, I still had the gall to look for dessert. Unfortunately, I haven't got some fancy stuff in my pantry for some decent dessert. I looked in my fridge and I found these left-overs: chocolate chips, all-purpose cream and margarine.


Hah! Chocolate Ganache! okay, fine it's just chocolate sauce. Ganache happens when you add a bit of liquor to it. :-) 


TAKE 2: Hah! Chocolate sauce! Now this rich and lovely sweet sauce can store in your fridge for a week and you can drizzle it on practically any dessert. cake, bread or fruit. It's really brainless you may think why I even bothered to publish it here!



Chocolate Ganache or Drizzle
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup all-purpose cream 
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp flavored liquor (an optional addition for you to have the right to call it a ganache)


Instructions:
Are you ready for this?
Place them in a microwaveable glass bowl and pop in the microwave at high for 30 seconds. You will see it has melted a bit. mix thoroughly until smooth. Tadah! This yields approximately 1 cup of sauce.


Okay, get a plate, a banana, drizzle it with the sauce and... oh what's this? The last few pieces of my sunflower seeds! Yes... nutty chocolate and banana. Sweeeet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment